Why Legacy?

We only have One Life - One Legacy that we can leave behind. We will live one life and by our actions provide the written material for our legacy. However, it will truly be written and interpreted by others after we have left this world.

So I ask myself, and I ask you, what is the legacy which you desire to leave behind?What did you write today in the chapter entitled "today"? Did you advance toward your desired legacy, or did you retreat? What you will become is who you were today.

As I write this blog I will be simultaneously challenging myself, and I trust challenging my readers to leave a legacy that matters. One that challenges and changes those you encounter daily and on your journey in life. You have One Life - One Legacy - make it count!

Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Blogging Truth

For those of you coming over for a visit from Linn's blog - let me just say - she knows what she is doing, she will post often & she will encourage you with her great stories. I... well I don't have a clue what I am doing. Those of you who thought it would be fun to hear from me more often - well I have one creative thought every month or so... that's when I sneak onto Linn's blog.

To hear about our family and what God is doing in many amazing ways keep watching Linn's blog. She's a great story teller of God's faithfulness and unbelievably great wife and role model.

My blog will be more about training those already committed to Christ to become all they can be for him. Also, i am not consistent at this point at posting though I hope to be. I do not take much time to correct - my grammar is spotty and my spelling atrocious. If you are still up for the journey, then welcome aboard. I will be praying that as you pray God will open the door of your heart to the legacy He already has planned for your life. dw

6 comments:

  1. Please let it be noted that I was your first "follower", way before Linn ousted your blog. Do I get a prize or something?? Linny gives away prizes you know.

    You two crazy kids are so much darn fun! Making babies left & right, blogging as if you were getting paid for it, and keepin' it real.

    Love you guys!!
    Lori

    ReplyDelete
  2. Can't wait to read more! (Even if it is sporadic!)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks for making this blog, Mr. Dwight! And don't worry, you're doing a great job. I know I will follow your blog and can't wait to see the things you write!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Linn and Dwight....I'm praying and I know that God can move mountains, so building your family another house...is in the works already. Nothing can replace your memories....but let us ask and it will be given! May sound silly , but I'm asking anyone who is reading this and feels led to contact X-treme make over and tell them Linny's story! see here for a video:http://snyderfamilyjourney.blogspot.com/
    Hugs to you Linny! love from Fort Leavenworth

    ReplyDelete
  5. you sound like my kind of blogger...i'm doing well if i make two posts on my blog in one month! i have good intentions, though!

    looking forward to more of your posts!

    praying for your family, btw, as you sift through your recent disaster! may God be glorified!

    ReplyDelete