Why Legacy?

We only have One Life - One Legacy that we can leave behind. We will live one life and by our actions provide the written material for our legacy. However, it will truly be written and interpreted by others after we have left this world.

So I ask myself, and I ask you, what is the legacy which you desire to leave behind?What did you write today in the chapter entitled "today"? Did you advance toward your desired legacy, or did you retreat? What you will become is who you were today.

As I write this blog I will be simultaneously challenging myself, and I trust challenging my readers to leave a legacy that matters. One that challenges and changes those you encounter daily and on your journey in life. You have One Life - One Legacy - make it count!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Prophecy

A person with a Godly legacy must be open to the filling of the Spirit. I wonder, what would happen if a group of people became humbly open to the out pouring of the Spirit and prophecy. A nation could be changed! Maybe the US. Maybe Uganda! Below is my daily devotional on this most important topic. Where is the gift of prophecy, have you been holding back the gift God gave you?


Prophecy

"In the last days, God says, I will pour out my Spirit on all people.
Your sons and daughters will prophesy, your young men will see visions,
your old men will dream dreams. Even on my servants, both men and women,
I will pour out my Spirit in those days, and they will prophesy. Acts 2:17,18

It is time to prophecy. The Lord promised he would pour out his Spirit in the last days. There is no doubt that we live in the last days. So it is certainly time to be open to the prophetic and to see many operate in the prophetic ministry. This is not for a select few but for all. How am I doing? Do I prophecy on a regular basis, am I open to that? I must be, and I must be open to all that the Lord puts in me. I choose to be open today to the prophetic in my life.
Immediately I sense a call of God to heal our land, we are in trouble, give us mercy oh God.

Prayer! Let me hear your voice today to speak on your behalf and to call people to righteousness. God heal our land.

Application Questions: Keep it simple, are you open to the gift of prophecy? Am i willing to make the commitment to keep myself pure and humble before God?

No comments:

Post a Comment