Why Legacy?

We only have One Life - One Legacy that we can leave behind. We will live one life and by our actions provide the written material for our legacy. However, it will truly be written and interpreted by others after we have left this world.

So I ask myself, and I ask you, what is the legacy which you desire to leave behind?What did you write today in the chapter entitled "today"? Did you advance toward your desired legacy, or did you retreat? What you will become is who you were today.

As I write this blog I will be simultaneously challenging myself, and I trust challenging my readers to leave a legacy that matters. One that challenges and changes those you encounter daily and on your journey in life. You have One Life - One Legacy - make it count!

Wednesday, October 15, 2008

Since The First Day

Since the First Day

Do not be afraid, Daniel. Since the first day that you set your mind to gain understanding and to humble yourself before your God, your words were heard, and I have come in response to them. 13 But the prince of the Persian kingdom resisted me twenty-one days. Then Michael, one of the chief princes, came to help me, because I was detained there with the king of Persia. 14 Now I have come to explain to you what will happen to your people in the future, for the vision concerns a time yet to come." Daniel 10:12-14

These are truly exciting words, “ Since the first day…..” God is watching, God is listening, God is responding, since the first day. Daniel had taken initiative to be right before God. Daniel had set his mind to gain understanding and to humble himself before God. These must be clear objectives in my life. The understanding that I seek must be from God’s vantage point, when I humble myself I admit I can’t – He can. Then God responds…. From the first day!!

Prayer: Lord I desire to be like Daniel, with a mind that seeks to understand – through much prayer and a humble attitude that admits I can’t – You can!

Application Questions: Is my mind set on gaining God's understanding or on my own? What do I need to change?

No comments:

Post a Comment